Wednesday, April 26, 2017

"Summer Fun" Flamingos Scrapbook Layout

 Hello and Happy Wednesday!!!! We have made it halfway through the week...YAY!!! KaDoodle Bug Designs has been coming out with so many awesome files lately. I have a hard time trying to pick which files I want to create with, but when I saw these Tropical Flamingos I knew I had to have them. And what better way to start creating some fun Summer projects than with flamingos!!! So with that being said, I am sharing a 12 x 12 scrapbook layout I created entitled, "Summer Fun".


To start, I uploaded my svg file to my Cricut Design Space and cut all of my file pieces using my Cricut Explore Air 2.  I then inked all pieces using Tim Holtz Distress Inks and adhered them together using Art Glitter Glue. I then used a white Gel Pen to add some accents and highlights.


To create my title, I used some foam glitter stickers that I had in my stash to spell out "Summer Fun". To spruce up the banner, I added Nuvo Crystal Drops along the top edge of the banner and I outlined the two small hearts at each end with stickles.


To jazz up the pineapple and watermelon, I added some sequins (which again is from my stash). I also added glossy accents to the watermelon seeds and finally a small bow to the pineapple to add even more interest.


For the two flowers, I added some Stickles in the center just to bring out some more glittered accents throughout the layout. My photo mats were die cut using the Fancy Frames die set from Craftin Desert Divas. I layered most of my paper piecings covering a small area of each mat, but did not glue that area down (which will allow me to slip pics underneath for a better fit). And to finally complete and finish off my layout, I added some more Nuvo Crystal Drops at the edges of my mats.

Below is a complete list of all the products and supplies that I used to create this layout:


Bazzill Cardstock

ReCollections Cardstock

Patterned Paper: (Base) - Pink Paislee - Care Package #01254

Patterned Paper: (Photo Mat) - ReCollections - Aqua Screen

Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Spun Sugar, Festive Berries, Scattered Straw, Shabby Shutters & Broken China

Art Glitter Glue

White Gel Pen



Foam Glitter Stickers

Stickles - Tropical Tangerine

Sequins - Limelight

Glossy Accents

ReCollections Ribbon

I hope that you enjoyed my project and will return again soon for more inspiration and project ideas.
Have a Fabulously Crafty Day!!!


1 comment:

  1. I think I need some of those stitching dies in my life! Wonderful LO Jana!

    Have a crafty day, Sonja
    ♥ Sugar Beans Cards ♥

    ReplyDelete