Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Let's Chill



Hello friends!! I hope everybody has enjoyed the Holidays! I can't believe that tomorrow is New Year's Eve!!! I'm excited to see what the New Year will bring and hope it involves a lot more crafting!!!!

Anyway, as one of my last projects for 2015, I made this adorable "Let's Chill" card using a cutting file from KaDoodle Bug Designs - Snow Friends (Graphic Design is from Whimsical Inklings by Cheryl).

This card measures 5x7 and was made using a combination of both ReCollections & Bazzill card stock. The patterned paper I used is the "Stacked with Love" Designer Series Paper Stack from Stampin' Up!

After uploading the file into Design Space and cutting all my pieces, I chalked each piece using Color Box Chalk Inks in the following colors: French Blue, Seattle Sky, Dark Brown, Red Barn, Burnt Sienna and Rose Coral.  I then pieced them all together using Aleene's Tacky Glue.

Although you may not be able to tell from the picture, I also used a White Gel Pen, some Wink of Stella (GL. Silver 102) and some Stickles (Ice) on some of the pieces for added highlights, definition and texture.

For the sentiment area of the card, I used ReCollections Printed Tape (Chevron Pattern). I cut out two (2) scallop circles using my Sizzix dies and Big Shot machine.  My sentiment "Let's Chill" is from the Craftin Desert Diva's - Chill Out stamp set. I stamped it onto my scalloped circles using StazOn Jet Black Ink. I also added some Stickles (Ice) to the areas of the "Chill" where it looks like it is snow/ice (again, I apologize if you can't see it in the picture).

And there you have it..... my completed "Let's Chill" card. Thank you all for stopping by today. I wish each and every one of you a Happy, Healthy New Year filled with lots of Love (and crafting)!!!

~ Jana

3 comments:

  1. Jana, This is oh so CUTE!! LOVE how adorable it is! :) Happy New Year Lady!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Theresa! You are so very sweet!! I wish you nothing but the BEST for 2016! I hope you have a Happy, Healthy New Year, full of LOTS & LOTS of CRAFTING!!!

      Delete