Tuesday, October 31, 2017

I Love You More Than Candy Corn...

Hello everybody and Happy Halloween!!! Today I am stopping in to share a quick "Treat" I whipped up just for the occasion. 


This card turned out super cute and was so very fun to create.  

To begin, I started off with creating my Candy Corn paper piecing. KaDoodle Bug Designs has the cutest file, "Shoptastic Cuties - Pumpkin & Candy Corn Cuties". I knew the Candy Corn from this file would be perfect for what I wanted to create. I uploaded the file to my Cricut Design Space, resized the image and cut out all of the pieces using my Cricut Explore.  I then inked and chalked each piece before adhering them together to create my finished Candy Corn Cutie.

As I set my Candy Corn off to the side to ensure it dries, I moved on to my card base. My card base is a standard A2 sized card created with Kraft Cardstock.  For the mat of the card, I cut it down 1/4" smaller than the base and used Neenah Cardstock.  I had the perfect stamp in my stash from Lawn Fawn, entitled, "How You Bean? Candy Corn Add-On. With my Misti and a bit of masking, I stamped several layers of this yummy candy corn stamp down onto the bottom half of my cardstock. 

With the masking adjusted and on the top layers of my stamp, I then used some of my Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks to blend out some of the candy corn colors towards the top of the card.

I colored the candy corn images using my Copics.  I also stamped the top of the card with the sentiments that came in the Lawn Fawn stamp set.

Once everything was dried, I added some foam mounting tape to the back of my adorable candy corn to allow him to "pop-up" a bit and adhered him onto the card.

I am super happy with how this sweet Halloween treat card turned out. 
Below is a complete list of the supplies and materials I used to create this card:


Bazzill Cardstock

ReCollections Kraft Cardstock

Neenah Cardstock

Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Wild Honey, Festive Berries, Broken China

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks: Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade

Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks - Shimmer Shades

Art Glitter Glue

Copic Markers: Y15, Y17, YR04, YR07, N0

Hero Arts Intense Black Ink Pad


Scotch Foam Mounting Tape

Uni-ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen


I hope that you enjoyed today's treat!! 
I wish you all a very Safe & Happy Halloween!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute card and wonderful description of how you made it :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete