Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Aloha My Friend...

Good evening crafty friends!!! Stopping in this evening to share a sweet summer card I created using the "Aloha Pineapple" file from KaDoodle Bug Designs.


I have been wanting to play with this file for a while now and finally got some free time to do so. KaDoodle Bug Designs has so many new summer themed files available and I am so excited to begin all of my summer themed projects.

For this card, I started off with uploading the svg file to my Cricut Design Space, re-sized my image and cut out all of my pieces. I then inked each piece using Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I used Art Glitter Glue to adhere them together and then added some highlights using a white gel pen. To finish off my happy little pineapple, I added some stickles (cause who doesn't like a bit of glitter here and there?!?!), to areas of the leaves, the center of the flower and on some of the skirt leaves. I also added glossy accents to the sunglasses (although it is difficult to capture in this pic, sorry!!)

As I set the pineapple off to the side to dry for a bit, I began to work on my card base. I cut the base of my card to measure 4.25 x 5.5 out of 110lb. Neenah Solar White Cardstock. I then used a piece of Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock and ink-blended my Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks using my blending tool. These inks are absolutely amazing and beautiful to work with. Once the panel was dry, I ran it through my Big Shot using my Fancy Frames die from Craftin Desert Divas.  I set my panel in my Misti and using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, inked up my stamp sentiment "Aloha my friend" from the Jaded Blossom "Be a Pineapple Stamp Set". I adhered the panel onto my card base, adhered my pineapple paper piecing and to finish it off, added three small drops of Nuvo Crystal Drops.  

I absolutely love how this card turned out and can't wait to send it off to a special friend. 
Below is a list of products and supplies used to create this card:


Bazzill Cardstock

Neenah 110lb Solar White Cardstock

Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock

Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Tea Dye, Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw, Broken China, Twisted Citron, Pine Needles

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks: Fossilized Amber, Broken China, Spiced Marmalade

Craftin Desert Divas - Fancy Frames Dies

Jaded Blossom - "Be A Pineapple" Stamp Set

Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

White Gel Pen

Stickles

Glossy Accents

Nuvo Crystal Drops: Simply White, Carnation Pink, Apple Green


Thank you for stopping in and visiting!
Have a Fabulously Crafty Evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment