Friday, March 11, 2016

Make a Wish.....



Happy 5th Birthday to KaDoodle Bug Designs!!!!! In honor of their Birthday, I created this adorable gift bag using their Cutie KaToodles Happy Birthday Cat file which you can find here: http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60&products_id=1075

For my gift bag, I used two (2) pieces of 12" x 12" patterned card stock by Lilybee Design (Hello Sunshine - Twirl). On each piece, I scored all four sides at 3". I then folded on my score lines and trimmed off the excess and adhered my bag together using score tape. I punched holes on the top of each side and added a piece of red satin ribbon from ReCollections.

For my paper piecing, I used both Bazzill and ReCollections card stock along with Velvet Paper (Blaze) which I used on the cats hat and bow tie.

I used Color Box Chalk Inks in: Maroon, Blue Lagoon, Seattle Sky and Yellow Citrus to shade each piece. I adhered all of the pieces together using Aleene's Tacky Glue and added highlights using a White Gelly Roll Pen.

For my sentiment, "Make A Wish", I used my Cricut Explore to write it using the "Thoughts and Phrases - Brush Script" font onto a scalloped circle and then added some blue stickles along the edge.

I made a 1.25" rosette using ReCollections paper and added a few pieces from the banner file. I added white stitching to each piece using a White Gelly Roll pen. I again, layered and adhered all my pieces together using Aleene's Tacky Glue.

I love how this project turned out and I am very Happy to be celebrating KaDoodle Bug Designs 5th Birthday with them!!!

Thank you for stopping by today!! I hope you enjoyed my project and I hope to see you all again real soon!!

4 comments: