Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Hug Me...


Good afternoon my crafty friends!! Today I am sharing two more cards I created using an adorable file from KaDoodle Bug Designs, "Hug Me Cactus". This is such an adorable file and can be used so many different ways.




Both of my cards measure 4.5" x 6.25" (A6 sized cards). The card bases were made using Neenah Solar White 80 lb. cardstock. My card mat is a patterned paper I had in my stash from Stampin UP! (I apologize that I do not have a name or any more specific information on it). It was cut using my Big Shot machine and the "Picture Frame" die set from Craftin Desert Divas. 

All three of these adorable cacti, along with the two hearts and the "Hug Me" sentiment are made with Bazzill card stock and were cut using my Cricut Explore. Once all pieces were cut, I then inked them up with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Pine Needles, Mowed Lawn, Aged Mahogany, Picked Raspberry and Scattered Straw). I then adhered all pieces together using Art Glitter Glue. To finish off each piece, I used a white Gelly Roll pen for highlights. I also added some green stickles to add some sparkle.

The "Free Hugs" sentiment on the two hearts of the one card was stamped onto each heart using Memento (Tuxedo Black) Ink and is from the "This & That" stamp set from Craftin Desert Divas.

Once all of my pieces were adhered onto my card, I then added some Liquid Pearls around the edges of my card mat just to add a little more interest. 

I am definitely going to be working with this file again. I think it is way too cute and I've got a few different ideas running through my head on how I can use it. And of course, I will share my new creations with you all. 

Thank you for stopping by and as always,
Have a fabulously crafty day!!!

2 comments: