Thursday, October 8, 2015

Project Life Layout......Breast Cancer Awareness


Hi my crafty friends! I am super excited to share with you today my very first Project Life Layout.  My very talented friend Tara, over at Craftin' Desert Diva's inspired to me to try it out. I saw a PL that she had done for Halloween and I fell in love with it! (Thanks again Tara!!). I think I am now addicted, LOL.  Being that it is October and it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I really wanted to make sure that I did create a project for this very important cause.


To get started, I first chose my Project Life cards and photo pocket page that I was going to use. The Project Life Photo Pocket Page I decided to go with for this layout is a 12 Design D page. It is a 12 x 12 page and has 8 photo pockets - 4 sized at 4x6 and 4 sized at 3x4.

I then chose my Project Life cards which are all from the "Favorite Things Edition", again choosing 
4 - 4x6 cards and 4 - 3x4 cards.  After playing around with my chosen cards and placing them how I thought they would look best in the layout, I started to decorate and embellish (The FUN part!!)


I started off with this first card which is 4x6. Of course, I had to add a paper piecing into this design and had the perfect svg file from Too Cute By Jessica. This file is the "Breast Cancer Cupcake" file. I used both regular Recollections Cardstock and Recollections Glittered Cardstock to make the pieces for this cut file.  After all my pieces were cut, I then shaded each with Color Cox Chalk Inks and assembled. I used a white gel pen for additional highlights and a black Micron pen for the lashes.



My second card is also a 4x6 card. For this card, I used a frame, a banner and some other cardstock pieces from the Craft Smith Card Stock Shapes Kit that I had on hand. I left the top portion of the frame open so that a picture can easily be slipped into this spot if desired. I added two strips of Washi Tape and some Adhesive Pearl Gems to finish it off.


On this next card (3x4), I wanted to keep it open to be used for journaling. The only thing I added to this card is the three pink hearts which were made using Recollections Cardstock.



For this next card (another 3x4), I used the letter tiles in the Craft Smith Card Stock Shapes Kit and shaded the edges of each letter tile using Color Box Chalk Inks. I added two strips of Washi Tape and two pink awareness ribbons from the Breast Cancer Cupcake file from Too Cute by Jessica. These were made using Recollections Glittered Cardstock. And for a final touch, I added some "Pretty In Pink" sequins from Craftin' Desert Divas and stickles.



Again, I wanted another open area for journaling, so I left this 3x4 card simple. My only additions to it are the two hearts which I cut from a Webster's Pages Calendar Journaling Card Pack and shaded using Color Box Chalk Ink. 


On this last 3x4 card, I started off by using pink rhinestone adhesive strips to form a border. I used a banner from the Craft Smith Cardstock shapes Kit and added some teal colored rhinestones and some adhesive pearl gems to it.  Again, my hearts were cut from the Webster's Pages Calendar Journaling Card Pack and inked with Color Box Chalk Ink. And of course there is this fabulous sentiment that I could not resist using from Craftin' Desert Divas - "Be Inspired" stamp set.


For my next card which is a 4x6 card, I added a few strips of Washi Tape and a a pink tag from the Recollections Solids Tag Pad. I added a white button and some pink jute cording, also from Recollections.  The pink hearts were cut from Recollections Cardstock and the patterned hearts were cut from the  Webster's Pages Calendar Journaling Cards. I added a few different adhesive rhinestones and of course my three different stamp sentiments - "Be Brave", "Dream Big" & "Choose to Shine" all from The "Be Inspired" Stamp Set from Craftin' Desert Divas.


And then there is my last card, another 4x6. For this card, I chose a butterfly pattern from Cricut Design Space and used another pink ribbon from Too Cute by Jessica.  After adding the pink ribbon to the butterfly, I went a bit "Stickle Happy" on my butterflies wings.  I added another great stamp sentiment from the "Be Inspired" Stamp Set from Craftin' Desert Divas and also added some heart shaped stamps at the top and along the side. This small heart stamp is also from Craftin' Desert Diva's "Wildy Cute" Mini Set. I finished it off with some rhinestone and pearl gem adhesives.

And that is it my friends!! I really have to say that I am totally addicted to these PL pages. I know it is the very first one that I did, but it was just so fun and quite simple to do.  I see a lot more of these in the near future for me.  I would love to receive your feedback on this as well, so please leave me some thoughts and or suggestions.  I will be back soon with some more crafty projects to share with you all.  I hope you have a great day and enjoy the rest of the week!!

~Jana 


No comments:

Post a Comment