Wednesday, March 15, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Luck....

Hello everyone & Happy Wednesday!! Today I am stopping in to share a few St. Patrick's Day inspired projects with you all. 


I created two cards along with a decorated wine bottle to add to my St. Patrick's Day home decor using some super cute files from KaDoodle Bug Designs.


For my first card, I used the Eggie Buddies Penguin file. This paper piecing was made using Bazzill cardstock, inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks and finally adhered together using Art Glitter Glue. My card base is 110lb Ivory Cardstock from ReCollections. The card mats were cut using Fancy Frames Dies from Craftin Desert Divas on patterned papers from the Easter Express Paper Pad and the Gingham-Linen Rainbow Petite Prints Paper Pad, both from Doodlebug Designs Inc. For the sentiment, I used a clover along with a banner from Cricut Design Space and used my Cricut Explore Air 2 to write my sentiment on the banner using "Baby Steps" font.  I adhered my sentiment onto my card using Foam Adhesive Squares from ReCollections. To finally finish off my card, I outlined both clovers using Stickles to add some sparkle.


For my second card, I used the Cutie KaToodles Clover Bear file. As you can see, these cards were made to match each other and created exactly the same, with the exception of the paper piecing.


For my home decor piece, I wanted to use one of the newer Vinyl Cut Files KBD has just released, so I went with the Vinyl Cuts Lucky file. I had picked up this bottle at my local Dollar Tree a while ago and thought it would be perfect for this. I used the shamrocks and "Lucky" pieces from the file and cut them out onto some green vinyl I had in my stash, using my Cricut. I adhered them all onto the bottle, added some orange metallic mesh tubing inside the bottle and sealed with the cork. (I will eventually get to the store and pick up some small LED lights to add to the inside as well). To finish it off, I used some lime metallic mesh tubing and created a bow that I tied around the top neck of the bottle. I added a green shamrock button, which I had in my stash to complete it.

And there you have it....my St. Patrick's Day cards and home decor piece are complete!! I hope you enjoyed my project share for today. 

Below is a complete list of all the supplies and materials used for these projects:





Bazzill Cardstock
ReCollections Card Stock
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: mowed lawn, spiced marmalade, hickory smoke, gathered twigs, vintage photo, walnut stain and evergreen bough
Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks - Shimmer Shades & Earth Tone Shades
Art Glitter Glue
Pigma Micron Pen - Black
Rangers Stickles - Firefly
Vinyl
Mesh Tubing - Orange Metallic, Lime Metallic
Wine Bottle
Clover Button
Cricut Font - Baby Steps
Cricut Banner - #MFB1FF - Bits and Pieces Cartridge
Cricut Clover - #M54A05 - Home for the Holidays - Spring Cartridge


Thank you again for stopping by and Have a Fabulously Crafty Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment