Tuesday, February 14, 2017

You're as Sweet as Candy

Hello crafty friends and Happy Valentine's Day!! 💗 Today I am bringing you a sweet card created with a digital stamp from KaDoodle Bug Designs. Meet Ellie the Elephant.....Isn't she the cutest?!?!

Ellie and her chocolate candies screamed Valentine's Day to me, so I had to get her and color her up for a quick card.  I used my Spectrum Noir Markers and Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils to color her up and bring her to life. I added some accents to her using a White Gelly Roll Pen and finished her off by adding Glossy Accents to her candy.  I think she looks just darling! 

As she was set off to the side to dry, I started on my card base. My card is an A2 sized card and the base was made using 80lb Neenah White Solar cardstock. I cut a piece of ReCollections Gray cardstock 1/8" smaller than my card base and adhered it onto the base using my permanent Scotch Adhesive tape runner. I then cut another mat out of patterned paper from Stampin' Up! Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack, 1/8" smaller than the Gray mat and adhered it using the same adhesive.

Next, I die cut a heart patterned piece of cardstock from the Teresa Collins - Save the Date Designer Series Parper Pad using the Stitched In Circles dies from Craftin Desert Divas and adhered that onto my card mats.  I added my sweet elephant to the center of my die cut using adhesive foam squares so that she would pop just a little bit. 

My sentiment, "You're Sweet as Candy" is from the Sweet Shop Stamp Set from Craftin Desert Divas. I stamped the sentiment onto my card using Versamark Ink and heat embossed it using my heat gun and Stampendous! Stamp-n Stuff Embossing Powder in Detail Silver. I then added some twine from ReCollections to finish it off. 

Below is a complete list of all the materials and supplies I used to create this card:

KaDoodle Bug Designs - DS Heart Chocolate Ellie

Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers - IG1, IG2, PP1, PP3, PP5, GB8, GB10, TN8, EB5

Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils: PC1060, PC1063, PC929, PC938, PC1068, PC946, PC947

Ranger Glossy Accents

White Gelly Roll Pen

ReCollections Foam Adhesive Squares

ReCollections Twine

Scotch Permanent Adhesive Dot Roller

Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb Cardstock

ReCollections Cardstock - Light Gray

Stampin' Up! Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack

Teresa Collins - Save the Date Designer Paper Pad

Craftin Desert Divas - Stitched In Circle Dies

Craftin Desert Divas - Sweet Shop Stamp Set

Versamark Ink

Stampendous! Stamp-n Stuff Embossing Powder - Detail Silver


I hope you enjoyed today's creation. Thank you for stopping by and have a fabulously crafty day!!









1 comment: