Wednesday, March 2, 2016

St. Patty's Day Greetings....



Hi everybody. Today I would like to share my inspiration for the Leinzlove Tear Bear Challenge Blog (http://leinzlovetearbearchallenge.blogspot.com)

To create this card, I used a svg file from KaDoodle Bug Designs.  I used ReCollections card stock for my card base as well as my paper pieced lucky owl.

My paper pieced owl is from the "Cute Lucky Owls" file at KaDoodle Bug Designs, which you can find here: http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=689. I uploaded this file to Design Space and cut out each piece using my Cricut Explore. Once all the pieces were cut, I used my Color Box Chalk Inks to shade each piece. To adhere them together, I used Aleene's Tacky Glue. Once completely dried, I used a white Gelly Roll pen to add some highlights to the finished piece.

In designing the base of the card, I used some green and gold washi tape from Little B that I had in my stash and added it to the top left corner.  I ran a strip of gold glitter tape from ReCollections along the bottom of the card as well.  I added some green jute twine and a shamrock button (also from ReCollections) for added textures and that extra pop of green.

My stamped sentiment, "Happy St. Patty's Day" is from a Studio G stamp set and is stamped on using StazOn Jet Black Ink. 

I hope that you enjoyed my creation for today and I hope to see you come back soon and visit again! Happy crafting my friends!

~ Jana 

3 comments:

  1. This is way to cuuute! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so adorably CUTE! LOVE your sweet owl sitting on that large heap of gold! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorably cute card!! I wish I were that cute owl sitting on all that gold!! LOL

    ReplyDelete