Wednesday, January 13, 2016

"Got Milk & Cookies"...


Hi everybody!  Today I am sharing this adorable "Got Milk & Cookies" card I created.  I picked up this Limited Edition file from KaDoodle Bug Designs.  With both of my daughters in Girl Scouts, and being a Troop Leader myself, I just had to show support for all my fellow Girl Scouts.  This file is only available till January 20, 2016 and with every purchase, the proceeds go toward the Girl Scouts Gift of Caring Donation, for our soldiers.

To begin, I uploaded this file to Design Space and cut out the pieces using my Cricut Explore.  I used both ReCollections and Bazzill cardstock.  I then used my Color Box Chalk Inks to shade each piece. I adhered them together using Aleene's Tacky Glue. Once dried, I used a white gel pen to add some final touches and highlights to my adorable cow.

For the base of my card, I attached my paper piecing, again using Aleene's Tacky Glue.  I had the perfect stamp, "Got milk & cookies" which is from Craftin' Desert Diva's - Holly Day Punnies stamp set. I stamped that onto my card base using Jet Black StazOn Ink.

For added embellishments, I used polka-dotted decorative tape from Recollections and added a small button (also from ReCollections) on one end of each piece of tape.

I hope you like my creation for today. Have a great day and I'll see you again soon.

~ Jana 

2 comments: