Monday, November 2, 2015

Thankful for You.........



It is finally November and I am really excited to start working on all of my Fall & Thanksgiving projects! Today I am sharing a Fall/Thanksgiving themed card that I created. 

This card measures 5 x 7 and the base of the card was made using Recollections Card Stock. The beautiful fall patterned paper I used is from the ReCollections Harvest Delight paper pad.  

I used a die from the Banners Die Set that I have from Craftin' Desert Divas and also used a stamp from the Thankful Squeaks stamp set (Thankful for you) also from Craftin' Desert Divas. I heat embossed the stamped image in "Pesto" Recollections Pearl Embossing Powder, although I don't think you can really tell from the pic...sorry!! To bring out some ore green color in the card, I also gently went over the stitches in the die with a green marker.

For my adorable little squirrel friend, I used the "Nut'n Better Than Fall" file from KaDoodle Bug Designs.  She is made using Bazzill Card Stock. I first uploaded the file onto my Cricut Explore and cut out all the pieces. I then used my Color Box Chalk Inks to shade each piece and then put this little cutie together using Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue. I used a Pigma Micron Pen (#005) and a White Gel Pen to then add a few details and highlights.

I wanted to add ribbon tho this card and came across the prettiest fall ribbon in my stash. Both ribbons are from Offray. The vertical ribbon on my card measures 5/8" and the smaller ribbon I used for my bow, measures 3/8". 

Once all my ribbon and pieces were attached as I wanted them, I then added a small red wooden leaf button to the middle of my bow for an added embellishment.

I really am happy with how this card turned out.  Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment, thought or suggestion.  Thanks for stopping by and I will see you soon.

~ Jana 

1 comment: