Friday, November 13, 2015

Christmas Themed Pocket Letter


Hello there and Happy Friday!!! Today I'd like to share this Christmas Pocket Letter that I just finished.  I think I am truly obsessed with creating these Pocket Letters! They are just so much fun and the possibilities are truly endless.  This one has a home and will be going postal soon. I really hope that the recipient likes it.

Anyway, to create this I used a 9 pocket card sleeve. I chose a Christmas themed card stock from American Crafts, which I cut down to 2.5" x 3.5" for 7 of the 9 pockets.  For one of the pockets (far left - middle row) I cut the card stock at 3.5" x 5" and then scored it at 1.25" and 3.75" to create a bi-fold opening. This pocket is where my letter will be placed. I punched two holes on each flap and added a green ribbon to keep it closed.  My middle pocket I filled with Christmas sequins from ArtMinds and fused it closed with my new fuse tool. (Have to say that I don't know how I made it this long with out that tool!!! It is awesome!!). I added some washi tape at the top of that middle pocket for some added decoration.

The three paper pieced bears that are shown in pockets at the top middle, and bottom left and right pockets are probably the smallest paper piecings I have ever created to date, LOL.  They are all from KaDoodle Bug Designs and are just the cutest files ever. Each file was uploaded, re-sized and cut using my Cricut Explore. I then used by Color Box Chalk Inks to shade each piece and assembled them together. I also used additional items, such as glossy accents, stickles, and pearl enamel gems on each one to give each piece a little extra special something.

In the top left pocket, I created a wreath using the Stitched in Circles Dies from Craftin' Desert Divas. I added some rhinestone gems and tied them together using red satin ribbon that I had in my ribbon stash. In the middle of the wreath I cur out a small tag and added a mini burlap ornament sticker from Holiday Memories By Nicole.

The top right pocket is a flower pattern punched out from a Stampin'Up punch I had. (Sorry, can't remember the name of it). I then stamped the sentiment onto it using a stamp from the Craftin' Desert Diva's "Get Your Jingle On" stamp set. I added some glittered designed tape and two small tags with green buttons to embellish.

The pocket underneath that has some washi tape and two mini burlap gingerbread man and house stickers, again, from Holiday Memories By Nicole.

And for the last pocket (Bottom row, middle), I used a scalloped square punch on some ivory cardstock and stamped a Christmas tree and a merry sentiment on it. These stamps are from ReCollections. I added some stickles to the tree for that extra sparkly look. I also added some more washi tape along the top and bottom of the card and added some red sequins as well.

On the border/margin of my pocket letter I lined it using red and gold rhinestones and I looped three pieces of green satin ribbon through the punched holes. I then used Design Space and cut out the snowflake tag  and "Believe" sentiment. I chalked the outer edges of the tag using green and red chalk ink as well.

Overall, I am extremely happy with how it turned out.  Can't wait to get started on the next one, Hahaha..... Thank you for stopping by today!

~Jana

6 comments:

  1. Themed Pocket Letter what a great idea. I love stickles and your tree does sparkle. KaDoodle Bug Designs love there patterns and you can get one or more matching files to work on you projects. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adri. I just love working with KaDoodle Bug files and always try to find a way to incorporate them into all my crafty projects.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Adri. I just love working with KaDoodle Bug files and always try to find a way to incorporate them into all my crafty projects.

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love this pocket page. What bear file did you use from KaDoodle Bug? I have a swap coming up and would love to include these bears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kimberly. The KaDoodle Bug files I used are: Hearts come home bear, Christmas Treats Bear and Merry Christmas Bear. They can be found under the Bear category on page 4 I believe.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Kimberly. The KaDoodle Bug files I used are: Hearts come home bear, Christmas Treats Bear and Merry Christmas Bear. They can be found under the Bear category on page 4 I believe.

      Delete